About the Role
The role of Technical Support Technician will encompass a range of key customer service activities providing support to our customers. You will act as the prime customer contact point for all query types. Your day will consist of fault management primarily, as well as general support for our various in-house engineers.
You will be 100% focused on delivering excellent service using strong technical and diagnostic skills. As a Technical Support Desk, you will play a key part in a fast-paced, proactive business function that is key to our success. We know giving you the right tools and training is essential. Full training will be given on our products as well as ongoing coaching and support.
- You will be an excellent team player with a proactive.
- You will thrive in an environment where you are trusted to work smart and work hard without micromanagement.
- You will have excellent IT Skills, as well as a familiarity with general Customer Service handling & CRM systems.
- You’ll have an outgoing and welcoming personality, be able to adapt to differing customer groups at ease, taking pride in providing a first-class customer experience at all times.
- You’ll have a good technical understanding and a logical approach to resolving diagnostic issues.
- Sound working knowledge of vehicles (level 2 or 3 NVQ in mechanics)
- An H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Ensuring all work carried out within their remit is done so in a safe and responsible manner at all times
- Assist Tech Support and After Sales’ colleagues with any projects which require their input
- Leads, manages and records all training activities including employee/sub-contractor training plans, achievements, competencies
- Actioning, managing and leading technical related training courses to ensure the workshop and field engineers
- Manages and supports all customers, project managing issues through to completion.
- Set minimum/maximum stock levels for the field engineers’ vehicles liaising with the Operations Supervisor.
- Working with colleagues in Tech Support, oversee the skill-set of the field and workshop service/repair team (including sub-contractors) to ensure that all jobs are completed efficiently and competently, within budget, and to customer specifications
Experience of leading a small team of engineers and mentoring them on best practices.
Track record of working as an electrical and/or vehicle technician (7 years +) within an automotive workshop or engineering OEM environment.
Advanced understanding of vehicle electrical systems.
Recent practical experience of using laptop-based engineering diagnostic toolsets.
Recent practical experience of working with vehicle electrical diagrams and system schematics.
Ability to plan, organise & control time efficiently & profitably.
Flexible, enthusiastic and self-motivated with good communication skills.
Working collaboratively alongside the existing personnel in Technical Support and our suppliers’ Technical departments (An ability to converse in Mandarin whilst not essential, would greatly enhance a candidates’ prospects of securing a career with Lift Safe).
- We are committed to staff training and advancement
- We value teamwork within the organisation
- We are passionate about what we do and strive to be the best in the industry
- We have high ethical and moral standards
- We understand our customers’ needs and aim to create the perfect solution for them
Salary: £30,000 (negotiable) plus bonus; 25 days annual leave + 1 day leave for birthday + Bank Holidays.
Send your CV to jobs@ePowerTrucks.co.uk