We are looking for field engineers for our fast-growing company in Oldham who must be prepared to work away on an ad hoc basis. Duties include: servicing, maintaining and fault diagnostics for our range of electrically powered equipment, EV Trucks and battery powered handling equipment. Must have a strong electrical background and be confident with trouble shooting and diagnosing in the field and workshop. This is a hybrid role and does involve some working time be spent in our Oldham depot on a regular basis. The candidate must also be able to stay away some nights when required to support colleagues in other areas of the UK.
This is an opportunity within our company for a professional Technician to join our team, you will be providing service, repair, and customer support during field visits to deliver the desired customer service experience. In addition, the engineer will spend time working in our busy workshop, either working on equipment brought back in from the field, or supporting their permanent workshop based colleagues during busy periods, therefore the candidate must be based within a reasonable commutable distance of our Oldham depot.
You will be required to report to our service team with the following responsibilities:
· Service and repair of vast range of electric powered trucks and lifting equipment
· Advanced fault finding, diagnostics
· Provide timely and detailed service reports
· Follow all company’s procedures and protocols
· Van stock management
· Cooperate with technical team and share information across the organisation
· Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings
· LOLER & Thorough examinations
· Build positive relationships with customers
· Proven field service experience
· Electrical Biased
· Extensive experience in Mechanical Engineering, Auto Electrical Engineering including a wide range of equipment such as material handling, lifting products and/or electric trucks.
· Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
· English literacy
· Ability to work flexible hours
· Ability to work away from home (Maximum of 8-10 nights per month) if required
· Full and clean driving licence
· Technical degree or certification (Not Essential)
· Experience and knowledge of both AC and DC motors
Salary is negotiable depending on the right individual. This is an excellent opportunity with a good earning potential and potential for advancement. THE PERSON The role would suit an experienced person who has come from a busy environment, such as the fork lift industry. The ability to multi-task and work on your own initiative will be key. Organisation, attention to detail and a professional attitude is very important. This is a long-term role and would suit someone who is not prone to “job hopping” and is looking for a long-term position.
Must be willing to undertake a CRB check and have a clean driving licence with no history of alcohol related endorsements.
THE COMPANY Lift Safe Ltd/ePowetrucks is a diverse privately held company based in Oldham. They specialise in the sale, service and hire of niche electric trucks and vehicles as well as specialist materials handling equipment. Established in 2000, Lift Safe is experiencing high levels of growth. They are currently looking to strengthen the service offering and increase their workplace productivity.
Salary (negotiable) + overtime + bonus
25 Holidays + 1 x Birthday + Bank Holidays
Death in Service